Sales Engineer with a strong background in capacity sales for a precision engineering companies – in the Aerospace and Automotive markets….
Key skills & Experience –
- Experienced managing/ working in cross-functional teams ensuring all parties are working toward the same goal, and have a clear understanding of objectives and how these can be achieved. Equally able to work independently.
- Knowledge of supplying components/ products to multiple industry sectors including, but not limited to: Aerospace, Agricultural, Automotive, Motorsport/ F1, Construction, Defence, Marine, Rail, Oil and Gas, Material Handling, Valve Manufacturing, Pump Manufacturing, Medical, Yellow Goods.
- Consultative approach to selling engineering services to a wide spectrum of industry sectors, dealing at varying levels from shop floor through to Managing Director.
- Experienced working with a variety of materials in engineering/ manufacturing environments using numerous manufacturing processes, producing a wide variety of components/ assemblies on a prototype, batch or series production basis. (inc. casting, fabrication, forging, machining, laser cutting/ profiling, injection moulding etc…)
- Extensive exposure to CNC precision engineering and the manufacture of modular assemblies. Providing customers with a ‘one-stop-shop’ facility enabling them to streamline their supply chain. (Having worked for a number of CNC Machine Shops/ Precision Engineers)
- Clear understanding of the sales process life-cycle from concept through to product/ service delivery and beyond. Including managing the NPI (New Product Introduction) and change management process.
- Business Development- identifying future project requirements within the current customer base. Approaching potential/ identified target customers, clearly defining their requirements, then presenting technical products/ services provided and how they can be of benefit.
- Account Management- ensuring all current accounts (inc. OEM/ OES/ T1/ T2) are serviced to meet or exceed customer requirements. Working with internal departments/ colleagues to ensure products are supplied ‘right first time’ and OTIF (On Time in Full), and agreed contractual terms are achieved. (cost, quality, timing, delivery etc..)
- Project Management- ‘Cradle to Grave’ management of assigned projects, managing budgets, setting timescales for completion and ensuring targets are met or exceeded. (inc. utilising APQP and PPAP tools)
- Strong history of dealing with personnel across multiple levels of business in both the customer and supplier base (UK and Overseas) regarding product specification, cost, and contractual terms, SLA’s, NDA’s etc.
- Bids and tenders- familiar with producing detailed cost proposals/ models and presenting them in customer required formats. (QAF’s, RFQ’s etc..)
- Quality- experienced working in environments demanding adherence to ISO9001, TS16949, AS9100, and Q1.
Get in touch – email@example.com quote SALESENGCAP1
Tel – 0121 661 6578